Regenerative Cell Therapy
Regenerative Cell Therapy is changing lives. At Keauhou Veterinary Hospital we believe that progressive medicine is making a difference in the way we treat animals and improve their lives every day. We are excited to offer this service to the animals on the Big Island. Dr. Jacob Head has completed the Vet -Stem Regenerative Cell Credentialing Course.
Current Uses for Stem Cells
The following conditions have been treated by companion animal veterinarians with reported favorable outcomes:
Are you wondering if stem cell therapy is right for your pet?
- Canine osteoarthritis - hip, elbow, knee, shoulder
- Canine immune mediated polyarthritis
- Tendon and Ligament injuries
- Integrated with surgical repair of joints or ligament
Veterinarians who use Vet-Stem services the most have identified their "perfect case" as a pet with arthritis who meets at least one of the following conditions:
- Is not responding well or can not tolerate pain medication
- Is not a good surgical candidate due to age or health
- Has arthritis identified in one or more joints
- Has immune mediated Polyarthritis
- Is likely to need long term pain medications
- Pet owner prefers a natural therapy
- Pet owners should discuss appropriateness of treatment for their pet and associated costs with a Vet-Stem credentialed veterinarian.
Keauhou Veterinary Hospital The Next Generation of Veterinary Medicine
The information provided here about Vet-Stem is directly from their website, Keauhou Veterinary Hospital makes no claims to the accuracy of the information they provide.